5G gNodeB L1/L2/L3 System Level Solution
5G stands for the fifth generation of cellular networking. The standard ITU Y.3101 “Requirements of the IMT-2020 network” describes the features of 5G networks.
ITU has classified 5G mobile network services into these 3 categories:
- Enhanced Mobile Broadband (eMBB).
- Ultra-Reliable and Low Latency Communications (URLLC)
- Massive Machine-Type Communications (mMTC)
It is a 3GPP standard based systems - LTE eNB product solution called Vyapi and reference design for category 4 LTE UE. eMBB class 5G NR gNB reference design which is based on Release 15, is under development. The first release of the system targets frequency range 1 or FR1 specification. The proof of concept for 5G gNB is demonstrated in real time HW platform.
Physical Layer is initially realized completely as a DSP software + RTL firmware solution. The solution in its first version delivers multi Antenna up to 4x4 MIMO. The solution will be qualified against industry’s leading T&M equipment and UE chip vendors. Ongoing work on the radio hardware design will enhance the radio card to support 8TX and 8 RX antenna ports.
- 3GPP Release 15 compliant
- 4 active users
- Up to 4×4 MIMO, 4 Tx and 4 Rx
- 5,10,20 and 40MHz bandwidth support
- FDD mode supported
- All FR1 bands are supported over cabled RF
- Synchronization – IEEE1588
- Sub-carrier Spacing 15 KHz and 30 KHz
- Throughputs upto 1 Gbps.
- Support for analog and digital beam forming