DOCSIS 3.1 Full Spectrum Tuner STB SoC White Box IP
This SOC white box IP extracted from the production Chip. The full-spectrum transceiver (FST) includes all the key functions to realize the front end of a multiple stream receiver and transmitter for a cable gateway. The receive function of FST allows the parallel reception of up to 32 independent DOCSIS 3.0 cable channels and 2 independent DOCSIS 3.1 channels, in the RF band from 54 MHz to 1794 MHz:
The Spectrum Tuner input is connected to the cable through a cable pre-processor/signal conditioner such as the FST that amplifies and corrects the tilt of the cable spectrum.
The Spectrum Tuner output of the is connected to the main SoC using four high-speed serial links(HSIO).
- Reception frequency band: 54 to 1218 MHz (functional up to 1794 MHz)
- Transmission frequency band: 5 to 204 MHz
- Upstream DAC to generate up to eight
- DOCSIS 3.0 and two DOCSIS 3.1 return channels
- Upstream (DOCSIS 3.1) channel range: up to 96 MHz
- Upstream QAM constellation:
- At least 1024-QAM for DOCSIS 3.1
- Up to 64-QAM for DOCSIS 3.0
- Simple and cost-effective application design
- Easy interfacing with DOCSIS SoC using high-speed serial links (HSIO).
- RTL Source Code
- HDL based test bench and behavioral models
- Test cases
- Protocol checkers, bus watchers and performance monitors
- Synthesis Guide