802.11 N/G/B/A Digital Baseband IP
Extracted from high volume production chip shipped in Tier 1 handsets, the 802.11 A/B/G/N Baseband/MAC wireless solution operating in a single stream mode for low-power standalones, embedded stations, access points, and Internet of Things (IoT) applications.
This IP supports both mandatory and optional features of the IEEE 802.11n standard and its corresponding Wi-Fi Alliance certifications. It can also be used in a variety of configurations, including IEEE 802.11b only and IEEE 802.11b/g or IEEEE 802.11b/g/n combinations. It offers a complete and self-contained Wi-Fi networking solution by harnessing the capacity to host application or offload Wi-Fi networking functions from another application processor.
Furthermore, the IP has been designed to achieve the lowest power consumption with a combination of several proprietary techniques for low-power mobile wearable electronics and IoT applications.
- supports data rates upto 65Mbps
- Throughput numbers of above 50 Mbps for UDP and above 40 Mbps for TCP.
- Support for authentication methods (Cisco® LEAP, PEAP with EAP-GTC support, CCKM with EAP-FAST)
- Depend on the host platform.
- Supports MAC enhancements including:
- 802.11d – Regulatory domain operation
- 802.11e – QoS including WMM
- 802.11h – Transmit power control dynamic and frequency selection
- 802.11i – Security including WPA2 and WAPI compliance
- 802.11k – Radio resource measurement
- 802.11r – Roaming
- 802.11w – Management frame protection
- Modem (OFDM and CCK baseband processors)
- Support for 6 Mbps to 65 Mbps OFDM
- 11 Mbps and 5.5 Mbps CCK
- Legacy 2 Mbps and 1 Mbps DSSS data rates
- White Box Design Data Base for Digital only or Complete Chip database
- Source Code database delivery of all HW & SW design for the SoC
- Production test programs
- Packaging Information
- Extensive Documentation