USB 3.1 HUB Controller IP
USB 3.1 Hub controller is a highly configurable core and implements the USB 3.1 Hub functionality that can be interfaced with third party USB 3.1PHY’s. USB3.1 Hub controller core is part of USB3.0 family of cores named “Pravega”. The core leverages GDA’s design expertise from its high speed interconnect family of IP’s including PCI Express, Serial RapidIO and Hypertransport.
The Pravega Hub Controller core can be configured to support upto 15 downstream ports. The Pravega Hub Controller core supports all defined USB 3.1 power states. The design is carefully partitioned to support standard power management schemes. Optionally, it can be configured to manage power mode transitions of the controller and the USB 3.1 PHY for aggressive power savings required for bus powered hubs.
The controller's simple, configurable and layered architecture is independent of application logic, PHY designs, implementation tools and, most importantly, the target technology.
- Compliant with USB3.1 Specification Version 1.
- Configurable number of downstream ports
- Configurable Core Frequency
- Configurable Internal datapath width: 32, 64, or 128 bits
- Compliant with standard USB 3.1 PHY Interface
- Configurable PHY Interface width: 8, 16, or 32 bits
- Efficient buffering scheme for forwarding packets through hub with minimal latency
- Supports Bus and Self Powered Hub implementations
- Supports PTM.
- Supports SCD/LBPM LFPS messages.
- Supports Type 2 Header buffers.
- Supports TP reordeirng.
- USB 3.1 low power states support
- Support for various Hardware and
- Software Configurability regarding Core characteristics
- Register Interface for internal Register Access
- Highly modular and configurable design
- Layered architecture
- Fully synchronous design
- Supports both sync and async reset
- Clearly demarked clock domains
- Software control for key features
- Master and slave loop backs for debug
- Aggressive power management
- Configurable RTL Code
- HDL based test bench and behavioral models
- Test cases
- Protocol checkers, bus watchers and performance monitors
- Configurable synthesis shell