10/100M Ethernet Transceiver
10/100M Ethernet Transceiver is an IEEE 802.3u compliant single-port Ethernet physical layer transceiver, and low power consumption transceiver for 10BASE-Te, 100BASE-TX, operation. Through the Giga Media Independent Interface (GMII), the EPHY connects to the Media Access Control Layer (MAC), and on the media side, it provides a direct interface either to Un-shielded Twisted Pair Category 5 Cable(UTP5) for 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet or UTP5/UTP3 cable for 10BASE-Te Ethernet.
This EPHY employ a low power and high performance CMOS process. It contains the entire physical layer function of 100BASE-TX defined by IEEE802.3u, including the Physical Coding Sub-layer(PCS), Physical Medium Attachment Layer(PMA), Twisted Pair Physical medium Dependent Sub-layer (TP-PMD, 100BASE-TX only). The EPHY also provide a robust auto-negotiation function, utilizing automatic media speed/duplex and protocol selection match. EPHY also support Auto MDI/MDIX function to simplify the network installation.
- Fully compliant with the IEEE 802.3 / 802.3u 10BASE-Te, 100BASE-TX
- Interface available to Compliant with TP-PMD standard: ANSI X3.263-1995, Compliant with FDDI-PMD standard: ISO/IEC 9314-3: 1990 and ANSI X3.166-1990
- Support GMII interface to the MAC controller.
- Serial management interface compliant with IEEE 802.3u (MDIO)
- Support Full-Duplex or Half-Duplex Operation
- Support Auto-Negotiation Next Page /Parallel Detection function compliant with IEEE 802.3u, and Manual configuration is also supported.
- Automatic Polarity Correction
- Support auto MDI/MDIX crossover function for 10BASE-Te / 100BASE-TX
- High performance baseline wander correction (BLW) Circuit
- High Performance Digital Clock recovery algorithm
- High performance Digital Equalizer for ISI mitigation
- LED Driver for Link, Activity, Duplex, Collision, and Speed Status
- Low Power design, with support 803.2az standard-2010 (EEE)
- Support MAX 300ppm sampling offset