DVB S2/S Demodulator IP
DVB S2/S Demodulator Tuner Rx gain control is provided through PDM Demodulator is a highperformance (A)PSK output RxAGC. Further stages of gain control are demodulator core intended for DVB-S2 and DVB-S2X implemented digitally within the demodulator. forward link applications. The demodulator is compatible with the ACM, VCM and CCM configurations of the DVB-S2 Standard including DVB-S2 extensions and is therefore suitable for the reception of DVB broadcast, DSNG, professional and broadband interactive services.
- Compatible with all ACM (Adaptive Coding and Modulation), VCM (Variable Coding and Modulation) and CCM (Constant Coding and Modulation) configurations of ETSI EN 302 307-1 and ETSI EN 302 307-2.
- Frame-by-frame selection of frame size, FEC code rate and modulation format (QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK and 32APSK).
- Support for DVB-S2 extensions (S2X) FEC code-rates and modulation formats (64APSK, 128APSK and 256APSK)
- Support for an arbitrary range of symbol rates up to 40% of the master clock frequency
- Two-stage, stepped carrier search provides wide acquisition range
- Integrated, high-performance pi/2-BPSK demodulator and Reed Muller FEC decoder for Frame Header processing (PLSCODE).
- Baseband I/Q radio interface incorporating compensation for DC offset and quadrature imbalances
- Pilot-assisted carrier tracking ensures robust performance in the presence of high levels of phase noise.
- PL sync acquisition and maintenance at – 2dB SNR (Es/N0)
- Digital decimation and channel filters reject up to +10dBc of adjacent channel interference.
- Fully-digital carrier and clock recovery circuits eliminate the need for an external VCXO.
- Compatible with leading LDPC FEC decoder solutions.
- Supplied as a protected bitstream or netlist (Megacore® for Altera® FPGA targets).