This RF transceiver IP is the design data base of a WiFi Dual Band RF Transceiver extracted from a 55nm production chip shipped in Tier 1 handsets.
The RF Architecture gives highest level of integration, and optimized for low power consumption. A single RF LC oscillator PLL provides the quadrature LO signals to the low and high band up and down converters.
The low and high band signals are demodulated by separate RF front-ends. The radio signal from the balanced 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz RF input is amplified by the low band or high band LNA he digital modem implements the OFDM and DSSS/CCK modulation for all frame-formats specified for a single layer/transmitter. The OFDM and DSSS/CCK modulated I/Q signals use a common circuit for digital up-sampling, filtering, quadrature imbalance compensation, LO leakage correction, and digital power scaling.
The RF design incorporates best in class cellular blocker tolerance & transmit emissions in cellular bands. PTA/ePTA with BT.
- Dual Band 2.4 / 5GHz designed to support supports following standard:
- 802.11 a/b/g/n (d,e,h,I,k,r,w)
- 802.11d Regulatory Domain
- 802.11h 5GHz TPC/DFS
- Wireless Extensions support
- Supplied as source code for internalization and customization
- Licensable as:
- Complete Chip
- Analog: Dual Band 802.11 N 2.4/5GHz RF & AFE in 55nm
- Digital: Complete Phy, Modem and CPU subsystem include PMU