ZBOSS is a product line of IP for ZigBee core specifications version r20. The ZBOSS product line has two component IPs, the Stack + Profiles and the MAC, Link layer and Physical layer. The product is designed to work with the "Bluetooth Smart / ZigBee RF Transceiver IP-IoT" providing a complete SoC implementation.
Stack + Profiles
- ZBOSS stack and profile solution for ZigBee Pro core stack based on r20 (2012) specification.
- Core stack includes:
- – Mac layer
- – OS-dependent layer
- – Core stack:
- Network layer
- APS layer (application support)
- ZDO layer (ZigBee Device Object)
- Security layer
- ZDP (ZigBee Device Profile)
- – ZCL (ZigBee Cluster Library)
- The ZBOSS SW is designed to be portable on variety of platforms including 8 bit micro controllers with minimal system resources.
MAC, Link layer and Physical layer
The "MAC, link layer and physical layer (Modem)" implementation for 802.15.4 specifications.
The link layer is a hardware-firmware implementation. While the time critical protocol procedures are handled in the hardware, the firmware implements the link layer control protocol (LLCP), Security and host command and event handling.
The physical layer is a digital hardware implementation and performs the modulation & demodulation and provides features for receive AGC and RSSI measurements.
The SW is in production shipping with many 802.15.4 chipsets supporting ZigBee Pro, RF4CE, 6Lowpan, and soon Thread support.