SDR Gen4 RF IP (200MHz~7.3GHz) for 5G
This is the 4th Generation Software Defined Radio (SDR) RF IP that would support 2x2 and a frequency ranging from 200MHz to 7.3GHz with a support of up to 120MHz Bandwidth. The SDR Gen.4 would supports TDD/FD-FDD and could be optimized for the 5G applications and beyond.
This Software Defined Radio (SDR) RF IP family are ultra-low-power radio solutions optimized from IoT and M2M to 5G applications. They integrate all the necessary RF/analog/mixed-signal functions to support radio functions for most standards operating in this frequency range at low-cost and ultra-low-power.
The receive path (RX) has very high dynamic range and is implemented with direct-conversion architecture without external SAW filter. A direct conversion TX generates low EVM signals to drive the external power amplifier. An integrated Frac-N frequency synthesizers and LO-chains generate the required low phase-noise LO signals for TX and RX mixers. Optional fully integrated power management can be integrated to minimize the module eBOM cost.
This unique Software Defined Radio (SDR) RF IP family support many wireless market standards, including: 5G, Wi-Fi, LTE, NB-IoT, 802.15.4g, 802.11ah, Bluetooth, LORA, GNSS/GPS among others. This ultra-low-power transceiver IP enables Internet-of-Things (IoT) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) applications.
The previous generation of the Software Defined Radio (SDR) RF IP are as follows:
● SDR1: TSMC65, 1x2 300MHz – 2.8GHz, up to 40MHz bandwidth, up to 160/640MSPS ADC/DAC● SDR2: TSMC65, 2x2, 100MHz-3.8GHz, up to 120MHz bandwidth, 160/640 MSPS ADC/DAC, FD-FDD
● SDR3: TSMC40, 1x1 100MHz ̴ 2.6GHz, up to 80MSPS ADC/DAC, TDD/HD-FDD, optimized for IoT
- Frequency Range: 200MHz - 7.3GHz
- Supports HD-FDD/TDD modes.
- Low phase-noise Frac-N synthesizer
- Fast PLL for frequency hopping
- Modulation Support: OFDM, QPSK, QAM, OQPSK
- Transmit power: +23 dBm
- Integrated DPD to improve Tx power efficiency and linearity.
- ADC/DAC: 10/12bit SAR 80/160 Msps
- Integrated LDOs and DC-DC
- Low Rx. Power: ~ 10mW (w/o LDO mode)
- Silicon : TSMC 22ULP
- Power Supply Voltage: VDDH=3.3V
- VDDL=0.95V (1.2V if internal LDOs are used.)