802.11N Wifi IP
This is 802.11N Wifi IP core extracted from high volume production chip shipped in Tier 1 handsets, the 802.11 A/B/G/N Baseband/MAC wireless solution operating in a single stream mode for low-power standalone, embedded stations, access points, and Internet of Things (IoT) applications.
This IP core supports both mandatory and optional features of the IEEE 802.11N standard and its corresponding WiFi Alliance certifications. It can also be used in a variety of configurations, including IEEE 802.11b only and IEEE 802.11b/g or IEEEE 802.11b/g/n combinations.
It offers a complete and self-contained Wi-Fi networking solution by harnessing the capacity to host application or offload Wi-Fi networking functions from another application processor. Furthermore, the IP has been designed to achieve the lowest power consumption with a combination of several proprietary techniques for low-power mobile wearable electronics and IoT applications.
This RF transceiver IP is the design database of a WiFi Dual Band RF Transceiver extracted from a 55nm production chip shipped in Tier 1 handsets. The RF Architecture gives the highest level of integration and optimized for low power consumption. A single RF LC oscillator PLL provides the quadrature LO signals to the low and high band up and down converters.
The low and high band signals are demodulated by separate RF front ends. The radio signal from the balanced 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz RF input is amplified by the low band or high band LNA he digital modem implements the OFDM and DSSS/CCK modulation for all frame-formats specified for a single layer/transmitter. The OFDM and DSSS/CCK modulated I/Q signals use a common circuit for digital up-sampling, filtering, quadrature imbalance compensation, LO leakage correction, and digital power scaling. The RF design incorporates best in class cellular blocker tolerance & transmit emissions in cellular bands. PTA/ePTA with BT.
Dual Band 2.4 / 5GHz designed to support supports following standard: 802.11 a/b/g/n (d,e,h,I,k,r,w), 802.11d Regulatory Domain, 802.11h 5GHz TPC/DFS, 802.11r Wireless Extensions support: Supplied as source code for internalization and customization
- Supports data rates up to 65Mbps
- Throughput numbers of above 50 Mbps for UDP and above 40 Mbps for TCP.
- Support for authentication methods (Cisco® LEAP, PEAP with EAP-GTC support, CCKM with EAP-FAST) depends on the host platform.
- Supports MAC enhancements including: 802.11d - Regulatory domain operation, 802.11e - QoS including WMM, 802.11h – Transmit power control dynamic and frequency selection, 802.11i - Security including WPA2 and WAPI compliance, 802.11k - Radio resource measurement, 802.11r – Roaming, 802.11w - Management frame protection
- Modem (OFDM and CCK baseband processors): Support for 6 Mbps to 65 Mbps OFDM,11 Mbps and 5.5 Mbps CCK, Legacy 2 Mbps and 1 Mbps DSSS data rates
- High Volume Silicon Proven in 55nm
- Extracted from Design DataBase of production chip
- Dual-Band 2.4/5 GHz 20MHz RF transceiver with integrated PA & Balun
- Digital interface through integrated AFE (ADC/DAC)
- Best-in-class IoT with comprehensive coverage
- Ultra-low power consumption with innovative host offloading features
- RF design includes best in class cellular blocker and innovative LTE & BT Co-Existence
- Certified in Tier 1 handset shipped in high volume
- Performance: Tx Power: +19.5dBm at Antenna (2.4GHz), Rx Sensitivity: -97dBm WLAN Dual Band BOM, Low number of external components
- 17 C’s, 3 L, 2.4GHz/5GHz FEM, Coexist switch, BPF
- Optional 5GHz FEM allows cost-effective single band variant
- A mass production chip
- White box IP license with modification rights
- Unlimited usage, No Royalties
- Read to license with a complete package
- Test EVK
- Home IoT
- Multimedia, Consumer Electronics
- Automotive etc
- White Box Design Data Base for Digital only or Complete Chip database
- Source Code database delivery of all HW & SW design for the SoC
- Production test programs
- Packaging Information
- Extensive Documentation