MIPI Soundwire Controller IP
The MIPI SoundWire is an interface specification that enables bi-directional digital Audio communication between a Master and one or more slave devices and among slave devices. It is optimized for mobile and Mobile inspired systems. It can co-exist with MIPI-Compliant and non-MIPI-Compliant devices.
MIPI SoundWire is low-complex, low-power, low-latency interface that supports multichannel data. Being low gate count enables it to be adopted it into smaller components like microphones and amplifiers.
L&T’s SoundWire Master is used in any master controllers like Amplifiers or processors to transfer or receive audio data from one of the SoundWire slaves, like the one connected to a microphone or a speaker. Likewise L&T’s SoundWire Slave is a full SoundWire standard compliant slave that can do a slave to slave communication according to the device component connected to it.
- Compliant with MIPI SoundWire Standard 0.9r05
- SoundWire Host can support up to 11 Slaves.
- Up to 8 Data Lanes supported
- Slave-to-Slave transport supported
- Modified-NRZI Data Encoding.
- Special internal register space for each devices
- Optional Monitor Interface
- Optional APB/AXI interface supported.
- Configurable data width: 8/16/32-bit
- Highly modular and configurable design
- Layered architecture
- Supports both sync and async reset
- Clearly de-marked clock domains
- Extensive clock gating support
- Multiple Power Well Support
- Software control for key features
- Configurable RTL Code
- HDL based test bench and behavioral models
- Test cases
- Protocol checkers, bus watchers and performance monitors
- Configurable synthesis shell
- Design Guide
- Verification Guide
- Synthesis Guide