USB 3.0 OTG Controller IP
USB 3.0 OTG controller are designed for compliance with USB2.0 specification Revision 2.0 and all associated ECN’s and USB OTG EH 2 Revision 1.1a and all associated ECN’s. While operating in Host mode, based on configuration selected, it is compliant with xHCI, enabling standard Windows, Linux, Android drivers to be reused minimizing software development overheads and associated risks involved with custom bare metal driver solutions. Its Physical interface is compliant with USB 3.0 Pipe Specification v4.3 (for SS mode) and ULPI+ or 8/16 bits UTMI PLUS Level3 specification (for HS/FS/LS mode). The system interface is compliant with either AHB and/or AXI interface allowing easy integration. Optional custom bridges can be bundled as a service offering.
USB 3.0 OTG controller, while operating in device mode, can optionally include a our proprietary high performance DMA engine for moving USB payloads. The register interface of the DMA Engine is very simple allowing device side class specific function drivers to be implemented easily. Reference mass storage class device side function drivers are made available to all licensees. The same high performance DMA engine can be reused optionally for host mode operation, in which case custom bare metal drivers can be developed to manage the connected devices allowing highly optimized footprint for hardware and software. All buffering associated with the DMA Engine are configurable based on latency and performance requirements.
- USB 3.0 OTG Controller can be configured to support all types of USB transfers – Bulk, Interrupt and Isochronous. While operating in Device Mode it can be dynamically configured to support configurable number of endpoints, interfaces, alternate interfaces and configurations.
- USB 3.0 OTG Controller can be configured to support any combinations of USB 3.0 interface speeds – LS(1.5 Mbps), FS (12.0 Mbps), HS (480 Mbps). Eg combinations are LS Only, FS Only, HS Only, LS and FS Only, FS and HS Only etc.
- USB 3.0 OTG Controller has full support for all low power features of the USB Specification supporting Suspend, Remote Wakeup and USB 3.0 Link Management States - U1, U2, U3 and USB 2.0 Link Power Management states – L1, L2.
- USB 3.0 OTG controller has full support for all USB 2.0 test modes features as well as USB 3.0 compliance and USB 3.0 loopback modes which is required for obtaining USB-IF certification.
- USB 3.0 OTG Controller has full support for OTG features such as RSP, SRP, HNP and ADP along with software configurable options to turn on/off these features.
- T2M provides been Silicon Proven USB Controllers for wide range of products such as Graphics Controller, Flash Storage Controllers, SATA Bridges with support for Bulk Streaming, Embedded Hosts, Docking Stations, Mobile Application Processors, Smart TV, Hubs.
- Configurable RTL Code
- HDL based test bench and behavioral models
- Test cases
- Protocol checkers, bus watchers and performance monitors
- Configurable synthesis shell
- Documentation and Synthesis Guide
- FPGA Platform for Pre-Tape-out Validation
- Reference Firmware