USB 2.0 OTG CONTROLLER
USB 2.0 OTG controller are designed for compliance with USB2.0 specification Revision 2.0 and all associated ECN’s and USB OTG EH 2 Revision 1.1a and all associated ECN’s.
While operating in Host mode, based on configuration selected, optionally, it is compliant with either xHCI, EHCI/OHCI enabling standard Windows, Linux, Android drivers to be reused minimizing software development overheads and associated risks involved with custom bare metal driver solutions.
Its Physical interface is compliant with either ULPI+ or 8/16 bits UTMI PLUS Level3 specification. The system interface is compliant with either AHB and/or AXI interface allowing easy integration. Optional custom bridges can be bundled as a service offering. Additionally, while operating in host mode, USB 2.0 OTG controller can be configured to support either one device connected directly to its port, or multiple devices connected via hubs. USB 2.0 OTG controller, while operating in device mode, can optionally include a proprietary high performance DMA engine for moving USB payloads.
The register interface of the DMA Engine is very simple allowing device side class specific function drivers to be implemented easily.
- USB 2.0 OTG Controller can be configured to support all types of USB transfers – Bulk, Interrupt and Isochronous. While operating in Device Mode it can be dynamically configured to support configurable number of endpoints, interfaces, alternate interfaces and configurations.
- USB 2.0 OTG Controller can be configured to support any combinations of USB 2.0 interface speeds – LS(1.5 Mbps), FS (12.0 Mbps), HS (480 Mbps). Eg combinations are LS Only, FS Only, HS Only, LS and FS Only, FS and HS Only etc.
- USB 2.0 OTG Controller has full support for all low power features of the USB Specification supporting Suspend, Remote Wakeup and Link Power Management states – L1, L2.
- USB 2.0 OTG controller has full support for all test modes features which is required for obtaining USB-IF certification.
- USB 2.0 OTG Controller has full support for OTG features such as SRP, HNP and ADP along with software configurable options to turn on/off these features.
- USB Controllers have been Silicon Proven in wide range of products such as Graphics Controller, Flash Storage Controllers, SATA Bridges with support for Bulk Streaming, Embedded Hosts, Docking Stations, Mobile Application Processors, Smart TV, Hubs.