USB 4.0 Device Controller IP
USB 4.0 controller core is a highly flexible and configurable design targeted for Device, Host and Hub implementations in desktop, mobile, networking and telecom applications. Initial Versions :
- A single upstream USBv4 port with no downstream port
- One Enhanced SS Device (and/or possibly One Enhanced SS Hub)
- Supports 20G USB4 (Gen 2x2) and optionally 40G (Gen 3x2). Subsequent Versions :
- Include Enhanced SS Hub
- Include PCIe and the DP Functions.
- Optional support USB Enhanced USB Hub.
- Includes USB3 UP Adaptor.
- Optional support for DP Out Adaptor.
- Optional support for PCIe Up Adaptor
- Includes DROM as part of its registers. Optional
- interface to an external DROM.
- Supports USB4 Gen 2x2 (20 Gbps) and USB4 Gen 3x2
- (40 Gbps) Links.
- Optional support for thunderbolt Gen 2 (10.3125
- Gbps) & Gen 3 (20.625 Gbps) rates.
- Optional bypass mode to support native USB v3.2
- Support for Alt Mode and Billboard class via USB2
- System Master Interface : 64 / 128 bit AXI Interface
- System Slave Interface : 32 / 64 AHB/AXI Slave
- USB v4 Phy Interface : 40 / 80 bit PIPE 5.1 SERDES I/F
- Side band Channel PHY Interface : Serial I/F
- USB 2 PHY Interface : UTMI / ULPI I I/F