USB 4.0 Host Controller IP
The USB 4.0 Host controller IP is a highly configurable core and implements the USB 4.0 Host functionality that can be interfaced with third party USB 4.0 PHY's. Initial Versions :
- A single downstream USBv4 Port
- PCIe Host Interface Adaptor
- No DP Source or PCIe Controller
- Subsequent Versions :
- Include xHCI Controller
- No DP or PCIe Controller
- Configurable Number of Downstream USBv4 Ports
- Optional support for DP Source Adaptor
- Optional support for PCIe Down Adaptor
- PCIe based host interface adaptor with support for RAW and Frame mode.
- Configurable option to exclude xHCI Controller and USB3 Down adaptor.
- Optionally a reference firmware running on micorblaze for emulating connection manager for very simple topology.
- Supports USB4 Gen 2x2 (20 Gbps) and USB4 Gen 3x2 (40 Gbps) Links.
- Optional support for thunderbolt Gen 2 (10.3125 Gbps) & Gen 3 (20.625 Gbps) rates.
- Optional bypass mode to support native USB v3.2
- Support for Alt Mode and Billboard class via USB2 controller.