USB 3.0 OTG Controller IP
Our Host, Device, Hub are Silicon Realized and also USB-IF certified by our customers. We provide highly configurable and scalable USB 3.0 OTG/Dual-Role controller IP Core for wide range of applications.
The USB 3.0 OTG controller are designed for compliance with USB2.0 specification Revision 2.0 and all associated ECN’s and USB OTG EH 2 Revision 1.1a and all associated ECN’s. While operating in Host mode, based on configuration selected, it is compliant with xHCI, enabling standard Windows, Linux, Android drivers to be reused minimizing software development overheads and associated risks involved with custom bare metal driver solutions. Its Physical interface is compliant with USB 3.0 Pipe Specification v4.3 (for SS mode) and ULPI+ or 8/16 bits UTMI PLUS Level3 specification (for HS/FS/LS mode). The system interface is compliant with either AHB and/or AXI interface allowing easy integration. Optional custom bridges can be bundled as a service offering. Additionally, while operating in host mode, the USB 3.0 OTG controller can be configured to support either one device connected directly to its port, or multiple devices connected via hubs.
The USB 3.0 OTG controller, while operating in device mode, can optionally include a proprietary high-performance DMA engine for moving USB payloads. The register interface of the DMA Engine is very simple allowing device side class specific function drivers to be implemented easily. Reference mass storage class device side function drivers are made available to all licensees. The same high-performance DMA engine can be reused optionally for host mode operation, in which case custom bare metal drivers can be developed to manage the connected devices allowing highly optimized footprint for hardware and software. All buffering associated with the DMA Engine are configurable based on latency and performance requirements.
The USB 3.0 OTG controller while operating in device mode can optionally include a proprietary EP0 processor block for managing all Standard Requests directed to the control endpoint minimizing software development overhead. Class and Vendor specific requests directed to Control endpoint are routed via the DMA engine to software for processing.
Optionally, the controller can be provided with no DMA Engine and no buffering and operates in a cut-through mode forwardingand receiving USB payloads and managing only the USB protocol. Customer may in this case implement its own differentiated DMA Engine. Optionally, a simple transmit and receive buffer is included in this configuration which can be accessed by software over the slave register access interface which is typically AHB. This option results in very low footprint hardware which can be used in cases where the software can completely manage the USB traffic – including the sequencing of the USB transactions.
- Highly modular and configurable design
- Layered architecture
- Fully synchronous design
- Supports both sync and async reset
- Clearly de-marked clock domains
- Extensive clock gating support
- Multiple Power Well Support
- Software control for key features
- USB 3.0 OTG Controller can be configured to support all types of USB transfers – Bulk, Interrupt and Isochronous. While operating in Device Mode it can be dynamically configured to support configurable number of endpoints, interfaces, alternate interfaces and configurations.
- The USB 3.0 OTG Controller can be configured to support any combinations of USB 3.0 interface speeds – LS (1.5 Mbps), FS (12.0 Mbps), HS (480 Mbps). Eg combinations are LS Only, FS Only, HS Only, LS and FS Only, FS and HS Only etc.
- The USB 3.0 OTG Controller has full support for all low power features of the USB Specification supporting Suspend, Remote Wakeup and USB 3.0 Link Management States - U1, U2, U3 and USB 2.0 Link Power Management states – L1, L2
- The USB 3.0 OTG controller has full suppor or all USB 2.0 test modes features as well aa USB 3.0 compliance and USB 3.0 loopback modes which is required for obtaining USB-IF certification.
- The USB 3.0 OTG Controller has full support for OTG features such as RSP, SRP, HNP and ADP along with software configurable options to turn on/off these features.
- The USB Controllers have been Silicon Proven in wide range of products such as Graphics Controller, Flash Storage Controllers, SATA Bridges with support for Bulk Streaming, Embedded Hosts, Docking Stations, Mobile Application Processors, Smart TV, Hubs.