DVB-T2/T Demodulator & Decoder IP
The DVB-T2-T IP is a silicon-proven IP extracted from production chip and a digital DVB-T2 and T demodulator with FEC. Operation is exclusive in that only one signal (standard) can be processed at any time. The DVB-T2 demodulator features microcontroller-assisted operation (embedded) enabling the fast-tracking and response times demanded by the T2 standard. There are no user registers to be programmed in this firmware-controlled demodulator. For the T standards, classical software control from the host processor and programmable registers have been implemented. Even though the silicon implementation is highly optimized, allowing each standard to share common hardware blocks, the effort has been made to maintain a common look and feel with the ST previous demodulators IPs.
The DVB-T2 and T demodulators share a common input which may be operated in ZIF mode or in IF mode. Silicon as well as traditional CAN tuners are supported through a flexible IF/baseband interface with IF/BB AGC and I2C control.
This highly integrated SoC helps to reduce board area and manufacturing cost, allowing low cost and small size STBs to be designed for either DVB-T2 or DVB-T networks. Flexible AGC for different signal environments. Best-in-class, low-power standby mode, to meet emerging energy standards for STBs. Clock-rate management and improvements in channel acquisition efficiency enable a power efficient standby mode.
- DVB-T2 demodulator: Compliant with T2-base profile of ETSI EN- 302755 v1.3.1, DTG7 v3 and Nordig Unified v2.4 compliant, 1.7, 5, 6, 7 and 8 MHz normal and extended BW signals supported, GS streams, FEF and MISO supported
- DVB-T demodulator: Compliant with ETSI EN-300744 v1.5.1, DTG7 v3 and Nordig Unified v2.4 compliant, 6, 7 and 8 MHz BW supported
- DVB-T/T2 compatible with zero-high- and legacy-IF tuners (CAN or silicon)
- Embedded microcontroller (DVB-T2 task sequencing by firmware and monitoring)
- Flexible clock management for advanced power saving
- JTAG and I2C serial bus interfaces
- I2C repeater for private tuner communications
- Enables fast and seamless integration in complex digital TV systems such as iDTV, set-top boxes or PCTV dongles.
- Silicon Proven IP core
- Extracted from Production chip
- Digital TV
- PCTV Dongles