DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem & Voice Data solution IP
DOCSIS3.1 IP Core for Broadband CPE2 Cable Modems, embedded Media Terminal Adapters (eMTAs), and Gateways, as well as for Video Gateways when associated to set-top-box applications. The IP core is a silicon-proven IP, extracted from the a production Chip and available as a license with unlimited usage, modifications rights. This is a a full-spectrum transceiver (FST) includes all the key functions to realize the front end of a multiple stream receiver and transmitter for a cable gateway. The receive function of FST allows the parallel reception of up to 32 independent DOCSIS3.1 cable channels and 2 independent.
DOCSIS3.1 has been engineered by CableLabs® to unleash the multi gigabit data era on existing Hybrid Fiber-Coax (HFC) networks through improved spectral efficiency using OFDM3 multi-carrier modulation combined with low-density parity-check-based Forward Error Correction.IP core is fully compliant with the DOCSIS3.1 specification, including: Two 196 MHz OFDM downstream channels, 32 single-carrier DOCSIS3.1 QAM4 downstream channels, Two 96 MHz OFDM-A upstream channels, 8 single-carrier DOCSIS3.1 QAM upstream channels. DOCSIS System, which contains most of the modules necessary for the PHY and MAC of a DOCSIS3.0/3.1 cable modem. For the PHY, it includes 32 QAM demodulators and two DOCSIS® 3.1 OFDM receivers for the downstream. It also includes an 8 single carrier reverse channels and 2 DOCSIS® 3.1 OFDMA channels for the upstream. The subsystem interfaces to the FastPath Packet processor (L2 switch - L3-4 router) and provides 8 MPEG interfaces for external video processing. Designed for economy and performance, Barcelona features solid technical capabilities: -Very high performance using multiple 64-bit ARM® CPUs to deliver >10K DMIPS, line-rate networking support on every port, and hardware acceleration for routing and switching, allowing Multiple System Operators (MSOs) to build future-proof CPE platforms with plenty of headroom to support the field introduction of new services:
Backward compatibility with DOCSIS3.1 32x8 to allow a smooth, cost-effective transition to DOCSIS3.1, Flexible architecture facilitating independent software development and software upgrades with minimal coupling between stacks, as well as the introduction of new features like home surveillance and home automation; providing outstanding power efficiency at all operating levels, including fan-less designs, along with highly-efficient RF and analog integration.The Spectrum Tuner input is connected to the cable through a cable pre-processor/signal conditioner such as the FST that amplifies and corrects the tilt of the cable spectrum.
The Spectrum Tuner output of the is connected to the main SoC using four high-speed serial links(HSIO).
- High level of integration
- Parallel downstream reception of: 2 DOCSIS3.1 channels, 32 DOCSIS3.0 channels
- Reception frequency band: 54 to 1218 MHz (functional up to 1794 MHz)
- Transmission frequency band: 5 to 204 MHz
- Upstream DAC to generate up to eight
- DOCSIS3.0 and two DOCSIS3.1 return channels
- Downstream channel ranges: DOCSIS3.0 channels: 6 or 8 MHz, DOCSIS3.1 channels: 24, 48, 96 or 192 MHz
- Upstream (DOCSIS3.1) channel range: up to 96 MHz
- Downstream QAM constellation: 4096-QAM for DOCSIS3.1, Up to 256-QAM for DOCSIS3.0
- Upstream QAM constellation: At least 1024-QAM for DOCSIS3.1, Up to 64-QAM for DOCSIS3.0
- Simple and cost-effective application design
- Easy interfacing with DOCSIS SoC using high-speed serial links (HSIO).
- IP Extracted from Production Chip
- Ready to license with Source code
- No Royalties, Buy out option
- Silicon Proven IP with complete Package
- Set Top Box, OTT, iPTV
- Cable Gateways
- DOCSIS 3.1/3.0 cable modems
- RTL Source Code
- HDL based test bench and behavioral models
- Test cases
- Protocol checkers, bus watchers and performance monitors
- Configurable synthesis shell
- Documentation & Design Guide
- Verification Guide
- Synthesis Guide